Data Systems Engineer (80 – 100% in Zürich)
We offer an exciting and challenging opportunity to support our business operations and help nfurther grow our company.
Carbon Delta, an MSCI company, is a leading environmental fintech and data analytics firm specializing in climate change scenario analysis. Carbon Delta is located in Zürich Enge.
We are looking for a sharp, energetic and organized person with a positive attitude to extend our existing IT team. Carbon Delta is growing and changing at a fast pace, and as a member of our IT team, you will have a fast learning curve, and will discuss your best fit with the team. You will learn about:
- configuration and addition of new software services,
- executing on big data management tasks,
- enhance and maintain our existing IT infrastructure e.g. for servers or storage,
- plan and schedule upgrades and maintenance of hardware and software,
- provide technical support to your co-workers,
- develop system monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE INCLUDE
- Linux and Windows systems
- Python, Django, Nginx, Postgres, Redis
- KVM, Docker, Azure
- Ansible, git
APPLY WITH US IF YOU
- deeply enjoy technical IT challenges and
- are a fast learner,
- are flexible to adapt to new challenges,
- have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities,
- love to organize and coordinate,
- are a multi-tasker and able to prioritize,
- have good written and verbal communication skills in both English and German,
- would like to join a dedicated, technically savvy and enthusiastic team,
- have a Swiss work permit
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- a compact CV,
- less than 7 sentences about 1) why you’re interested in this position and 2) what unique
contributions you can make to the CARBON DELTA team,
- a statement what climate change means to you.
We offer a fun and relaxed yet hard-working atmosphere, in a team of highly skilled, passionate and dedicated people and our office is in the heart of Zurich.