Junior System Administrator (80 – 100% in Zürich)
We offer an exciting and challenging opportunity to support our business operations and help further grow our company.
CARBON DELTA is a young environmental fintech startup. We are building cutting-edge software to identify and analyze the exposure to climate change of publicly traded companies. It’s our goal to alert investors of the climate risk profiles of companies and to tackle climate change at the roots. Our mission is a big one and we’re looking for talented people to join us.
We are looking for teammates who care deeply about environmental issues, who thrive in a fast-paced, fun and challenging startup environment, who thrive on innovation and are excited to shape our young infrastructure. Sounds like you? We can’t wait to meet you!
We are looking for a sharp, energetic and organized person with a positive attitude to extend our existing IT support team. Carbon Delta is growing and changing at a fast pace, and as a member of our IT team, your work will include a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to
- enhance and maintain our existing IT infrastructure including desktop, servers and storage,
- procurement of all software purchases, including monitoring all upcoming expirations,
- managing the setup and equipment for workspaces and office infrastructure, including user licences,
- support planning and scheduling upgrades and maintenance of hardware and software,
- system monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes,
- support the implementation of the corporate security roadmap which includes disaster recovery, business continuity and backup of IT services,
- improve documentation of IT infrastructure, client systems and internal applications,
- support repair and recover from hardware or software failures,
- configuration and addition of new services as necessary,
- provide technical support to our employees.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE INCLUDE
- Linux and Windows systems
- Python, Django, Nginx, Postgres, Redis
- KVM and Docker
- Ansible, git
APPLY WITH US IF YOU
- Have a good knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows Desktop systems,
- have experience in working in a similar position,
- are flexible to adapt to new challenges,
- have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities,
- love to organize and coordinate,
- are a multi-tasker and able to prioritize,
- have good written and verbal communication skills in both English and German,
- would like to join a dedicated, technically savvy and enthusiastic team,
- have a Swiss work permit, and
- enjoy all aspects of a start-up environment.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- a compact CV,
- less than 7 sentences about 1) why you’re interested in this position and 2) what unique
contributions you can make to the CARBON DELTA team,
- a statement what climate change means to you.
We offer a fun and relaxed yet hard-working atmosphere, with a team of highly skilled, passionate and dedicated people, flexible working conditions, and more preps. We have an office with a wonderful view right on the lakeside – lunchtime swimming is guaranteed!