Software Engineer – Climate Risk
We offer an exciting and challenging opportunity to support our business operations and help further grow our company.
We are looking for a sharp, energetic and organized person with a positive attitude to join our Climate Risk Center team in the Zurich office. As part of a global team the candidate will need to develop productive working relationships with a geographically distributed team. We are looking for teammates who care deeply about environmental issues, who thrive in a fast-paced, fun and challenging environment, who thrive on innovation and are excited to shape our young infrastructure. Sounds like you? We can’t wait to meet you!
Scope of Responsibility
- Work closely with other team members and other stakeholders.
- Implement, test and document new climate change risk computations.
- Control the data quality at all computational steps.
- Employ agile development and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Promote best engineering practices to ensure quality assurance.
- Promote best team communication practices and train employees.
- Anticipate problems/opportunities and adapt to new challenges.
- Experience in data manipulation and software engineering, particularly Python.
- Interest in modern web technologies. Experience with Django is a plus.
- Strong logical thinking.
- Interest in data quality management and project management.
- High motivation for joining a dedicated, technically savvy and enthusiastic team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural and geographically distributed software development team.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and demonstrating an exceptional drive towards delivery.
- Significant experience as a software engineer, data scientist or quantitative environmental engineer
- BS/MSc in Computer Science, Environmental Engineering, Mathematics or related fields.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law