Software Engineer (80-100% in Zurich)
We offer an exciting and challenging opportunity to advance our software infrastructure and help conceptualize, design and implement upcoming software engineering projects.
CARBON DELTA is a young environmental fintech startup. We are building cutting-edge software to
identify and analyze the exposure to climate change of publicly traded companies. It’s our goal to alert investors of the climate risk profiles of companies and to tackle climate change at the roots. Our mission is a big one and we’re looking for talented people to join us.
We are looking for a sharp, energetic and organized person with a positive attitude. CARBON DELTA is growing and changing at a fast pace. We are looking for teammates who care deeply about environmental issues, who thrive in a fast-paced, fun and challenging startup environment, who thrive on innovation and are excited to shape our young infrastructure. Sounds like you? We can’t wait to meet you!
- work closely with other engineering team members, our product team members,
and other stakeholders.
- advance our software infrastructure, keeping an eye on efficiency, reliability, practicability
of our solutions.
- conceptualize, design and implement upcoming software engineering projects.
- advance our data quality management system (ETL, EAV), employing modern
data science libraries when needed (Python3, pandas).
- implement Python3 prototypes.
- establish and document guidelines.
- employ agile development and rapid prototyping techniques.
- promote best engineering practices to ensure quality assurance.
- promote best team communication practices and train employees.
- anticipate problems/opportunities and adapt to new challenges.
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK
- Python 3
APPLY WITH US IF YOU
- have long-standing experience in software engineering, particularly Python.
- are savvy on modern web technologies. Experience with Django is a big plus.
- have excellent understanding of application design and architectural concepts and a deep interest in technical systems .
- have experience with data quality management and project management is a big plus.
- ideally have knowledge of and/or experience working in the financial sector.
- have a Swiss work permit.
- love to organize, communicate and train employees.
- would like to join a dedicated, technically savvy and enthusiastic team.
- enjoy all aspects of a start-up environment.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- a compact CV,
- less than 7 sentences about 1) why you’re interested in this position and 2) what unique
contributions you can make to the CARBON DELTA team,
- a statement what climate change means to you.
We offer a fun and relaxed yet hard-working atmosphere, with a team of highly skilled, passionate and dedicated people, flexible working conditions, and more preps. We have an office with a wonderful view right on the lakeside – lunchtime swimming is guaranteed!