Werkstudent*In Climate Change Impact Modeling (Potsdam, Germany, 1 year, 20h per week)
We offer an exciting and challenging opportunity to support our research and actively work on our Climate Change Impact Model in our Potsdam, Germany office.
Carbon Delta is a young Swiss environmental fintech start-up. We are building cutting-edge software to identify and analyze the exposure to climate change of publicly traded companies. It’s our goal to alert investors of the climate risk profiles of companies and to tackle climate change at the roots. Our mission is a big one and we’re looking for talented people to join us.
Carbon Delta is growing and changing at a fast pace and recently founded its first subsidiary in Potsdam, Carbon Delta Germany GmbH. We are looking for a Werkstudent*In who cares deeply about environmental issues, who thrives in a fast-paced, fun and challenging start-up environment. We are in a crucial growth phase and you will be able to apply your skills in a wide range of tasks. By doing so, you will be working in close collaboration with our Branch Manager. Sounds like you? We can’t wait to meet you!
- Qualitative and statistical analysis of damage reports
- Scientific research on impact relations for different natural hazards
- Parametrization of Carbon Delta’s impact model
- Validation of vulnerability assumptions
- Subject to qualification: quantitative modelling of physical climate risks
The job is offered for a fixed term of 1 year on a 20h/week basis
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK
- Python 3
- Enrolled student in the field of natural sciences, preferably Hydrology, Meteorology, Physics, Geoecology, or Geography
- Well-structured and scientific work approach
- Strong interest in climate change and impact modelling
- Experienced in the use of one or more of the following: Matlab (or Octave), R, Python
- Good communication skills in both German and English
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- a compact CV,
- 1-2 paragraphs about
1) why you’re interested in this position and
2) what unique
contributions you can make to the CARBON DELTA team,
- a statement what climate change means to you.
We offer a fun and relaxed yet hard-working atmosphere, flexible working conditions, and more preps.